A routing is plant specific, but a routing can comprise or reference operations from other plants, and vice versa – as long as both plants belong to the same controlling area.
Task list groups
- You can create task list groups In SAP PP
- Routings can be assigned to a task list group
- As member of a task list group a single routing can be found via a counter
- Usually, one will specify task list groups for routings with similar operation sequence, i.e. production process
- For a given material there can various routings, representing alternative production processes. Those routings would be members of different task list groups
Changing and accessing routings
- Existing routings can be changed using TC CA02
- For accessing a routing, the following information is required:
- Material no.
- Plant no.
- Group no.
- Based on material, plant and group no. there can be multiple routings, i.e. alternative routings
- Routings in the same group are separated by group counter and usage parameter (usage is specified when creating routing in TC CA01)
Adding or displaying operations
- In the routing header one can specify operations under the operations tab
- Operations are numbered / indexed and are described by (at least):
- Work center assignment
- Plant assignment
- Control key
- The control key maps a set of indicator settings to the operation, e.g.:
- Operation relevant for cost calculation?
- Operation relevant for capacity requirements planning?
- Operation relevant for scheduling?
- Must purchase requisitions be created upon production order creation?
Information comprised by operations
|Required information||Optional information for scheduling|
|Work step||Queue time (overlap with setup time possible)|
|Standard value (time) for execution of work step||Move time|
|Quantity to produce||Wait time (overlap with teardown time possible)|
Other information is taken e.g. from the work center (machine time, setup time, labour time, teardown time, etc.), the order, the BOM etc.
When creating a routing a lot-size range can be specified with the following parameters:
- from lot size
- to lot size
For a production order with a defined order quantity the routing with matching lot-size range will be selected.
Data scientist focusing on simulation, optimization and modeling in R, SQL, VBA and Python