In SAP PP, a production version maps BOM with routing.
A production version is created for a material, from the MRP 4 view of the material master.
There can be multiple production versions for a material.
A validity period must specified when creating a production version for a material.
Alternative BOM, BOM usage and routing group number are all specified in the “details” section of a production version.
How to create a production version
For mass processing use TC C223.
Otherwise, use TC MM02 to access relevant material master; then:
- go to MRP 4 view
- click the “ProdVersions” button
- create new entry, i.e. new production version
- when asked to populate production version details, remember to specify
- relevant lot size range
- relevant validity periode
- routing group number
- relevant routing group counter for precise routing identification
- correct alternative BOM and BOM usage
- click “Check” button to verify that specified BOM and routing actually exist
Data scientist focusing on simulation, optimization and modeling in R, SQL, VBA and Python
Leave a Reply